Ada County residents who previously received assistance through the Boise City & Ada County Housing Authorities program may be eligible for an additional three months of rental assistance. To be considered for renewal you must continue to meet the following eligibility requirements: The household must be a current resident renting a unit in Ada County, Idaho; and
- The household must be a current resident renting a unit in Ada County, Idaho; and
- One or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits; OR experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 outbreak; and
- One or more individuals within the household is at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- The household must have an income that does NOT exceed 80% Area Median Income. See chart below.
|1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
|30% of median income (very, very low income)||$17,700||$20,200||$23,030||$27,750||$32,470||$37,190||$41,910||$46,630|
|50% of median (very low income)||$29,500||$33,700||$37,900||$42,100||$45,500||$48,850||$52,250||$55,600|
|80% of median (low income)||$47,150||$53,900||$60,650||$67,350||$72,750||$78,150||$83,550||$88,950|
- Renewal Application with all questions complete;
- Income Documentation (provide all applicable documentation): Please note: All income documentation must include your name, address, dates, and amounts paid. If the documentation you provide does not include this information, your file will be considered incomplete.
- Employment Income: 2020/2021 Tax Return OR Last two months of pay stubs
- Unemployment: Copy of benefit notice or print out of payments received for the last two months
- Self-Employment: 2020/2021 tax returns, 1099’s, profit and loss report from applicant’s accountant
- Social Security Benefits: 2020/2021 tax information or copy of a current award letter
- Child Support: Print out of payments received in last two months, verification from absent parent
- Other Income: Current benefit letter from the source stating the monthly amount received. For example, VA pension, annuities, disability income, workmen’s compensation, alimony, etc.)
- If your monthly rent amount has changed since your initial application, you must provide a copy of the rent increase notice and/or new lease issued to you by your landlord.
- A current rent ledger from your landlord;
- Most recent utility bills (if requesting assistance with utilities)
Please note you may be asked to submit additional documentation.
Important: Residents outside of Ada County must apply here.
It is the policy of BCACHA to see that every individual regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability shall have equal opportunity in accessing affordable housing. If you or anyone in your family is a person with disabilities, and you require a specific accommodation in order to fully utilize our programs and services, please submit a request in writing or contact our office at (208) 363-9710.