Household Income Qualifications
To be eligible for assistance, household annual gross income (before taxes and deductions) must not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income. Use the table below for reference.
|1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
|30% of median income (very, very low income)||$15,850||$18,100||$21,960||$26,500||$31,040||$35,580||$40,120||$44,660|
|50% of median (very low income)||$26,400||$30,150||$33,900||$37,650||$40,700||$43,700||$46,700||$49,700|
|80% of median (low income)||$42,200||$48,200||$54,250||$60,250||$65,100||$69,900||$74,750||$79,550|
- Program Application with all questions complete;
- Authorization for the Release of Information
- Rent and Utility Assistance: Utilities include separately-stated electricity, gas, water and sewer, trash, internet, and energy costs, such as fuel oil. Telecommunication services (telephone, cable) are not considered utilities.
- Current Lease agreement (all pages)
- Copy of an eviction notice or past due notice
- Landlord contact information
- Most recent utility bill (if requesting assistance with utilities)
- Income Documentation (provide all applicable documentation):
- Employment Income: 2020 tax returns, W2’s; OR last two months of pay stubs
- Unemployment: Copy of benefit notice and print out of payments received for the last two months
- Self-Employment: 2020 tax returns, 1099’s, profit and loss report from applicant’s accountant, or bank statements for the last two months
- Social Security Benefits: 2020 tax information or copy of a current award letter
- Child Support: Print out of payments received in last two months, verification from absent parent, or bank statements for the last two months
- Other Income: Documentation from the source stating the monthly amount received. For example, VA pension, annuities, disability income, workmen’s compensation, alimony, etc.)
Please note you may be asked to submit additional documentation.
Prioritization of Assistance: If the demand for assistance requires the program to establish a waiting list, households that qualify as very low income (less than 50% AMI) and/or households in which one or more member is unemployed and has been unemployed for 90 days will be given priority.
Start Your Application
IMPORTANT: Before you begin your application, you must gather all of the required documents and have them ready to upload. If you submit an application without having all of the documents needed, it will delay the processing of your application. You will only be given 5 business days to submit the documents that are needed for us to process your application, once you hit the submit button. Failure to submit the documents within the deadline may result in your application being inactivated.
Important: Residents outside of Ada County must apply here.
DO NOT submit another application if you have already received assistance from our office. You must click HERE to reapply for additional assistance.
Paper Applications: Return the completed application and all supporting documentation by email to email@example.com, fax (208) 345-4909, or mail to Boise City/Ada County Housing Authorities Attn: ERAP 1001 S. Orchard St. Boise, ID 83705. You may also drop your application off at the drop box located outside of the main office entrance.
It is the policy of BCACHA to see that every individual regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability shall have equal opportunity in accessing affordable housing. If you or anyone in your family is a person with disabilities, and you require a specific accommodation in order to fully utilize our programs and services, please submit a request in writing or contact our office at (208) 363-9710.